If you are watching your cholesterol, this recipe isn't for you! It's not very healthy, but sure taste good!! We make a big pot and serve it with chopped onion on top and hot sauce on the side with skillet corn bread.
- Fry bacon until crispy (do not drain).
- Core and chop cabbage (do a rough chop--not too small).
- Add water to a large pan or stock pot and boil.
- Add bacon and (ALL!) the drippings to the pot.
- Then add the chopped cabbage.
- Cook on medium until desired consistency.
This was my first time to make cabbage, and my husband was sure that he hated it. When I finished cooking and he smelled it.. he had to try it, and now he LOVES it. We make this a couple times a month. Thank you so much!!
The flavor of this cabbage was very good. I cut the recipe in half because there was only 3 of us. Made as written. Thanks Adam K. Bullwinkle
Loved this recipe! I did not use 2 heads of cabbage and still used more than 5 slices of bacon and it turned out wonderful. It was my first time cooking cabbage and we were all very impressed. Thank you sharing!