1/1 Photo of Bacon Cider Sautéed Collard Greens/Honey Mustard Drizzle
Hey Jude's Note:
This recipe was part of a cooking lesson done on the demonstration stage at the Taste of Chicago last July. It's the creation of Chef David Blackmon of Blu 47 restaurant, in Chicago of course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices apple-smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 bunches collard greens, center stems removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- coarse black pepper (4 turns)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Honey Mustard Drizzle
- 1Boil 4 quarts of water in a large pot. Chop 12 slices of bacon into bits; place the bits in a stainless steel skillet; slowly brown while rendering fat. When bacon is brown, remove bacon from skillet (saving the bacon fat); set aside.
- 2Roll up bunches of collard greens cigar-style and slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3Place sliced greens in boiling water. Return skillet with bacon fat to heat; add thinly sliced onions; sauté for 1 minute.
- 4Using tongs, remove greens from water and place in skillet.
- 5Add black pepper and apple cider vinegar; cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Garnish with bacon bits.
- 7Honey mustard drizzle: Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle over greens.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Cider Sautéed Collard Greens/Honey Mustard Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard