Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This savory grits dish is not only great for brunch, but really any time of day. Top with freshly ground black pepper and your favorite hot sauce.
- Boil the salted water, add grits, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in 1/2 cup cheddar, parmesan, garlic, and sour cream.
- Pour into lightly greased 8" casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining cheddar with the scallions and tomato.
- Sprinkle over the grits.
- Bake in 375F pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
I liked this recipe. It was also good as leftovers (with kimchi) several days later. I added 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels in step 2. I also added another cup with the topping. I used an 11" x 7" glass pyrex casserole. They cut nicely into pretty squares on the plate. Thank you chef blade.