This savory grits dish is not only great for brunch, but really any time of day. Top with freshly ground black pepper and your favorite hot sauce.
- Boil the salted water, add grits, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in 1/2 cup cheddar, parmesan, garlic, and sour cream.
- Pour into lightly greased 8" casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining cheddar with the scallions and tomato.
- Sprinkle over the grits.
- Bake in 375F pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
I liked this recipe. It was also good as leftovers (with kimchi) several days later. I added 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels in step 2. I also added another cup with the topping. I used an 11" x 7" glass pyrex casserole. They cut nicely into pretty squares on the plate. Thank you chef blade.