Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is always a Southern classic side dish to have on your table. The recipe had to be changed because Kraft doesn't make garlic cheese in a tube anymore. Still tastes wonderful and brings back childhood memories. I hope it does the same for you.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pot bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add grits to boiling broth, stirring constantly for a minute.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Temper eggs with a small amount of cooked grits and then add back to the grits.
- Combine butter, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder with grits.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.