Douglas Poe's Note:
This is always a Southern classic side dish to have on your table. The recipe had to be changed because Kraft doesn't make garlic cheese in a tube anymore. Still tastes wonderful and brings back childhood memories. I hope it does the same for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a pot bring chicken broth to a boil.
- 3Add grits to boiling broth, stirring constantly for a minute.
- 4Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until thick.
- 5Temper eggs with a small amount of cooked grits and then add back to the grits.
- 6Combine butter, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder with grits.
- 7Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Garlic Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 832.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g