1/4 Photos of Beans N' Ham Hocks
6 hrs 15 mins
This is one of the most simple meals that I make I put it all the ingredients in the crockpot and later I have a very simple yet filling meal for my family.I use pink beans but you could use whatever you want. I serve mine with rice and a bit of cheese on top. Enjoy! *Update* I realized after two people reviewed my recipe and after I went to my local butcher that the ham hocks I get are rather large (I'm going to guess about as big as a medium eggplant if not larger). Which is why my recipe only lists one. You may want to change that to 2 or more depending on the actual size of your ham hocks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In crockpot add cleaned beans, onions, garlic and ham hock.
- 2Cover with water or chicken stock and cook on medium for 6 hours.
- 3At about the half way point the meat should come off the ham hock, if not let it cook a little longer until you can. Remove the ham hock from beans and let cool.
- 4Remove the layer of fat from the ham hock and shred the meat into bite size pieces and return to the crockpot.
- 5When beans are done add salt and pepper to taste and skim as much fat off the beans as possible.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beans N' Ham Hocks
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: