Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend from Beaumont, TX (whose name also happens to be Linda,) gave this to me recently. She is famous for it, and she shared it with me........so, now, I am passing it on to all of you! Enjoy it!
- Thaw out peaches and sweeten with sugar or Splenda.
- Turn oven on at 350; spray 9X13 casserole with butter spray and put the stick of butter in the dish. Put it in the oven to melt the butter as the oven heats up.
- After butter is melted, take the dish out of the oven and pour the peaches over the butter, and mix around (I usually cut the peaches to spread them out more).
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the peaches.
- Mix the flour and the milk to make a batter, and pour it evenly over the peaches.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
First time I've used frozen peaches for a cobbler but it won't be the last. DH and I are real cobbler/crisp fans and this one is tops. I used Splenda for the added sugar. Made a half recipe in an 8x8 pan and intended it for tonight's Easter dessert. There's still enough for dessert but we made a healthy dent in it for lunch, lol. Made of PAC, Spring 2014.
Peach cobbler is my favorite dessert and this one was very yummy! I did add a shake or two of nutmeg along with the cinnamon. Ate my cobbler while still warm and will be keeping frozen peaches on hand from now on. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Orphanaage - May 2012.
Simple & easy-to-make recipe, & an absolutely delicious cobbler, to boot! I always have frozen peaches (use 'em in smoothies, among other things) so this was a snap! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]