Shawn C's Note:
From the taste of charleston (SC) this recipe is served at Boone Hall Plantation's Serena's Kitchen. The source states that instead of salt and pepper you can use Salad Supreme (whatever that is)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large green tomatoes
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1make sauce first by whisking sour cream with the mayonnaise until smooth add remaining ingredients and mix well.chill while tomatoes are cooking.
- 2slice tomatoes fairly thin but not too thin.
- 3combine bread crumbs, cheese, flour, cornmeal and spices in a bowl big enough to dredge the tomatoes.
- 4make egg wash in a separate bowl with out the flour.
- 5place the 1 cup of flour in another bowl.
- 6dip each tomato slice in the flour to dust it, shake off excess.
- 7dip into egg wash making sure each side is wet and let drain a second or two.
- 8dip into bread crumb mixture and coat both sides.
- 9fry in oil at 350° until golden brown on both sides- about 2-4 minutes.
- 10turn them occasionally for even browning. drain on paper towels.
- 11serve with sour cream dill sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boone Hall Plantation Fried Green Tomatoes With Sour Cream Dill
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.1
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 650.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 19.5 g