2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This soup is SO good on a cold, wintry evening with a good, crusty bread or cornbread! Servings are approximate, depending on your appetite. This is wonderful to take to work for a hot lunch. You can also make this low salt by using reduced-salt canned goods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, italian style
- 6 cups green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1In Dutch oven, brown ground meat with chopped pepper, onions, and celery; drain off fat.
- 2Add all 4 cans of beef broth, bring to a slow boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the can of Italian style tomatoes and cabbage; bring to a slow boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Add beans, salt, pepper, onion salt, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, and Emeril's Essence.
- 5Simmer another 20 to 30 minutes; taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 1488.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence