Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pleasing recipe was given to me many years ago by a very dear friend. I've made some changes in the ingredients, but the snappy Cajun flavor is still there.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- In large dutch oven add oil for frying and brown the beef and drain it, then return it to the original pan.
- Add onions gr pepper and garlic, cook until onions are transparent.
- Add the cabbage, rice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes or until cabbage is tender.