1/2 Photos of Cajun Fried Okra With Creamy Chili Sauce
I saw Paula Deen make this on her show the other day... I just had to try it for supper that night and it was wonderful... Me and my kids love fried okra and this recipe just made us love it that much more.... Hope you enjoy it...I didn't make the chili sauce that went with it.... But, I'm adding that on here as well....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun spices
- 2 lbs fresh okra, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
paulas house seasoning (use 2 tsp)
- 1OKRA-Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F. (You may not need to use this much oil; do not fill the pan more than halfway up the sides with oil.).
- 2In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, House Seasoning, and Cajun spice.
- 3Dip okra in buttermilk and then dredge in cornmeal-flour mixture to coat well.
- 4Carefully add okra to the hot oil and cook until golden brown. (It may be necessary to fry the okra in batches.).
- 5Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and then serve immediately.
- 6CHILI SAUCE-In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring well. Cover and chill.
- 7HOUSE SEASONING-Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Fried Okra With Creamy Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2289.6
- Calories from Fat 2089
- Total Fat 232.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 19297.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: