Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yet another recipe from a regional magazine.
Make and share this Cajun Peppered Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄16 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cabbage, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a bowl.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the cabbage mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
YUM! It was definitely spicy. I may have added a tad too much cajun seasoning. However, we liked it so much I'm making it again for lunch today. I cut this down to 2 servings with no problem. Delicious!
Other than reducing the oil to 1 tablespoon (in a non stick pan) and omitting the cayenne I made no changes. I found the recipe colorful, tasty, nicely spicy, and a great side with black eyed peas for New Year's Day. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Yummy! I love cabbage and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. I did cook it longer than 8-10 minutes, though, because I like my cabbage really wilted and not crispy. Made for ZWT5 by a Groovy GastroGnome.