Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a wonderful addition to brunch. As with any souffle, once it comes out of the oven, it should be served immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil water, add salt and cook grits (5 minutes or until thick).
- Add cheese, meat, onion/chives and egg yolks.
- Fold in egg whites gently.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
A wonderful additon to any breakfast or brunch. It was light creamy; a wonderful texture and taste. I used maple flavored sausage, and the last of my garden chives. I will be making this dish again, using the green onions next time. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that is really good.
I was craving something warm and comforting (that used eggs because I have so many) and this fit the bill perfectly. I used fat free cheddar though I think that if you do not have those health concerns that a really rich cheddar would be the best. I did feel that this needed some salt. Otherwise I left it as is. Thanks!