1/1 Photo of Chicken Gizzard Paprikash
1 hr 25 mins
A rich, red Hungarian-style stew. Serve with pasta or potatoes. I use a mix of gizzards and hearts, or I substitute the organ meat for chicken pieces, cubed beef or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry onion in oil or butter till light yellow.
- 2Reduce heat and rapidly stir in paprika.
- 3Add meat, cut into desirable pieces, salt and brown.
- 4Add garlic, crushed or chopped.
- 5Add only enough water to braise, not boil.
- 6Cover and simmer until tender. Add water if evaporates and stir occasionally.
- 7When meat softens, add green pepper, tomato and a bit more water or stock.
- 8While simmering a few more minutes, blend flour and sour cream together.
- 9Add to stew, stirring, till thickened.
- 10I have omitted the thickening step for more of a soup result.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gizzard Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g