1 hr 20 mins
I know some people don't like gizzards, but I do. Here is a taco filling for those who like gizzards.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook gizzards in enough water with the 1/2 onion and salt to taste.
- 2Let simmer for an hour or until they are tender.
- 3Drain liquid off and chop in small bits.
- 4Heat the cooking oil and sauté the onion until translucent.
- 5Add the gizzards and season with salt to taste.
- 6Continue sautéing the gizzards until they turn darker in color.
- 7Just before serving add the dry red pepper flakes and let cook for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gizzard Taco Filling
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g