Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know some people don't like gizzards, but I do. Here is a taco filling for those who like gizzards.
- Cook gizzards in enough water with the 1/2 onion and salt to taste.
- Let simmer for an hour or until they are tender.
- Drain liquid off and chop in small bits.
- Heat the cooking oil and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the gizzards and season with salt to taste.
- Continue sautéing the gizzards until they turn darker in color.
- Just before serving add the dry red pepper flakes and let cook for 5 more minutes.