Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy and inexpensive treat.
Make and share this Chicken Gizzards-N-Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb chicken gizzard, with hearts is good
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced or can use canned)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- In a med frying pan place gizzards on med heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms, onions, garlic powder and celery salt.
- Add mushroom soup and cover.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours or until the soup thickens to a thick gravy (may need to remove cover to allow soup to thicken).
- Serve hot over noodles or rice.
- Sometimes I eat them cold or slightly warm with saltine crackers.
I remember looking for a good recipe involving chicken gizzards as they are a favorite of my boyfriend. Made this and he adored it. It quickly took the place of the way he'd been having them for years. Personally I'm not big on gizzards but they give a nice taste to the rest of the gravy. I like having it with Rye Bread. Have yet to put celery salt in it but it's still great to us. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! Definite keeper!
This was yummy! I did not have mushrooms so I added one stalk celery, chopped and substituted 98% fat free cream of celery soup. I also added 1/2 can of dry white wine and topped with scallions. Definitely a keeper!
Who knew chicken gizzards could taste so good? Wonderful recipe, great dinner. I didn't have a can of cream of mushroom soup so I made half a recipe of 39369. It was a match made in culinary heaven! I'm sure we will be eating this many more times in the future. Thank you for posting.