Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my daughter Shannon's favorite thing that I make.
Make and share this Chili-Cheese Grits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x9 ovenproof dish.
- Boil the water and add the grits. Stir and lower the heat to simmer and simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the cheese and butter into the grits and stir. Let the cheese and butter melt then stir in the eggs.
- Stir in the peppers and the salt. Transfer in the the 9x9 dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Loved by all and from some true southerners, grits are something we take as seriously as heart surgery. Oh, fiddle dee dee, I'm getting misty...