Palmetto Cook's Note:
This is from Recipe Secrets and it was a little vague, so I have adapted it to fit our needs, and the number of people eating...small can of greens and one-half can soup, versus large can greens and entire can of soup. Sorry, you will half to eye it, but it is pretty good. Prep time does not include preparing cornbread as I use leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can turnips (yes, canned, use 29-oz can for larger casserole) or 1 (15 ounce) can collard greens, and seasoned, if available (yes, canned, use 29-oz can for larger casserole)
- prepared cornbread, crumbled, for three layers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, soup (or mushroom, or celery, use one-half can for smaller casserole)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, for larger casserole (8 Tbps)
- 1Bake corn bread (or use leftovers).
- 2Melt butter in casserole dish in 350 degree oven.
- 3Crumble layer of cornbread into the butter then a layer of greens (do not drain), layer of onions, and then a layer of soup.
- 4Repeat the layers, ending with cornbread.
- 5Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until warm throughout.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Green Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 696.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g