1/3 Photos of Collard Greens a la Carol
Carol Bullock's Note:
I can eat all of these in a single sitting when I'm really craving collards!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill large bowl with cold tap water.
- 2Soak collard greens in water, take out, and then rinse.
- 3Do this several times until no dirt is at bottom of bowl after washing.
- 4Rip thick stem from center of greens (its OK if a little thin stem is left).
- 5I usually accomplish this by folding green in half with stem sticking straight up, and ripping down and towards me.
- 6Chop onions and fry over medium heat in a deep frying pan for a few minutes.
- 7In the meantime, chop or tear collard greens into pieces and its okay.
- 8if they're big pieces, as they will shrink.
- 9Add greens to onions, and then add chopped garlic (as desired) and salt (and pepper if desired) on top of them.
- 10Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 11Let steam a few minutes.
- 12Check frequently and stir.
- 13The key to good collard greens is to not undercook them!!!
- 14Stir frequently and cover between stirrings.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Greens a la Carol
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g