Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like to have this with barbecue, cornbread, and sweet potato casserole. Using the crockpot keeps the house cool in the summer, when I do most of my grilling, but this recipe is good anytime.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- In 1 tbsp of bacon drippings, cook onion until tender.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and diced tomatoes, stirring to mix.
- Place greens and tomato mixture in crockpot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours or until greens are tender.
- Serve greens with Tabasco or vinegar, if desired.