6 hrs 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
I like to have this with barbecue, cornbread, and sweet potato casserole. Using the crockpot keeps the house cool in the summer, when I do most of my grilling, but this recipe is good anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- 2In 1 tbsp of bacon drippings, cook onion until tender.
- 3Add garlic, salt, pepper, and diced tomatoes, stirring to mix.
- 4Place greens and tomato mixture in crockpot and mix well.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours or until greens are tender.
- 6Serve greens with Tabasco or vinegar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Collard Greens in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 439.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g