Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There's a little bit of preparation involved, but the results are well worth it.
Make and share this Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups onions, sliced 1/8-1/4 inch thick rings (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix (I used Knorr)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (to prepare the gravy mix)
- Sprinkle chops with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Lightly brown chops (about 5 minutes per side) and set aside.
- Add wine to the skillet and deglaze, scraping the skillet to remove any bits. Turn off heat.
- Prepare the gravy mix according the the package directions and set aside.
- Place one layer of onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place 3 pork chops over the onions.
- Place 1/2 of the mushrooms over the pork chops.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the thyme and savory.
- Add another layer of onions.
- Layer the remaining pork chops and sprinkle them with the remaining thyme, savory, and garlic.
- Place bay leaf on top.
- Place the remaining mushrooms on top of that.
- Cover with a layer of remaining onion slices.
- Pour the wine that was used to deglaze the pan over the top.
- Pour the brown gravy over that.
- Cook for 3 1/2 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Delicious served with mashed potatoes.