3 hrs 20 mins
kit in NO's Note:
There's a little bit of preparation involved, but the results are well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups onions, sliced 1/8-1/4 inch thick rings (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix (I used Knorr)
- 1 1/2 cups water (to prepare the gravy mix)
- 1Sprinkle chops with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Lightly brown chops (about 5 minutes per side) and set aside.
- 2Add wine to the skillet and deglaze, scraping the skillet to remove any bits. Turn off heat.
- 3Prepare the gravy mix according the the package directions and set aside.
- 4Place one layer of onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 5Place 3 pork chops over the onions.
- 6Place 1/2 of the mushrooms over the pork chops.
- 7Sprinkle with 1/2 of the thyme and savory.
- 8Add another layer of onions.
- 9Layer the remaining pork chops and sprinkle them with the remaining thyme, savory, and garlic.
- 10Place bay leaf on top.
- 11Place the remaining mushrooms on top of that.
- 12Cover with a layer of remaining onion slices.
- 13Pour the wine that was used to deglaze the pan over the top.
- 14Pour the brown gravy over that.
- 15Cook for 3 1/2 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- 16Delicious served with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 42.3 g