1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Split Pea and Ham Hock Soup
One Happy Woman's Note:
This combines a few recipes and is made with Redi-Base ultra low sodium broth base (obtained online) as the ham has enough sodium; bouillon would put it over the top for us. Easy and delicious. A major hit with the honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lean ham hock, cut into three pieces
- 1 lb dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons redi-base low sodium chicken stock powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, scraped and chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1Put ham, peas, vegetables, seasonings and stock powder in the pot.
- 2Pour the can of chopped tomatoes and the water over it all.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, on low for 6-7.
- 4Remove the ham bones and the bay leaf.
- 5We serve this with lemon wedges: lemon juice on pea soup is delicious.
You Might Also Like...View All Soul Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Split Pea and Ham Hock Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium chicken stock powder