1/3 Photos of Fresh Peach Cobbler, the Absolutely Best Ever
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful version of the old classic, this peach cobbler has a glazed finish to the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons tapioca
- 6 -7 cups fresh peaches, sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
- 1 cup sugar (omit if using sweetened canned peaches)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca, peaches, sugar (if used), cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Pour the fruit mixture into a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish.
- 5In a bowl mix thoroughly the ingredients for the Cobbler Dough.
- 6Spread over the fruit mixture.
- 7In a medium mixing bowl, stir together DRY cobbler topping ingredients.
- 8Sprinkle evenly over the cobbler dough layer.
- 9Then pour the boiling water evenly over the cobbler.
- 10(Do Not Stir.) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top has a golden crust.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Cobbler, the Absolutely Best Ever
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 253.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g