Cook1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful version of the old classic, this peach cobbler has a glazed finish to the top.
Make and share this Fresh Peach Cobbler, the Absolutely Best Ever recipe from Food.com.
- 88.74 ml tapioca
- 1419.54-1656.13 ml fresh peaches, sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
- 236.59 ml sugar (omit if using sweetened canned peaches)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- cinnamon, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca, peaches, sugar (if used), cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly the ingredients for the Cobbler Dough.
- Spread over the fruit mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together DRY cobbler topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cobbler dough layer.
- Then pour the boiling water evenly over the cobbler.
- (Do Not Stir.) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top has a golden crust.