1/1 Photo of Fried Green Tomato and Bacon Sandwich
People beg me to make these sandwiches. It's a great way to use extra tomatoes from your garden. Some grocery stores carry green tomatoes year round. This is my very favorite sandwich ever. The fresh mozzarella cheese can be substituted with regular mozzarella but it won't be a yummy! You can also use Tempeh Bacon for a vegetarian version (not vegan).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- 2Coat green tomato slices with cornmeal mix. Heat oil in frying pan (or use counter top fryer).
- 3Fry green tomatoes until lightly browned and slightly soft.
- 4Coat bread slices with chipotle mayonnaise.
- 5Stack with bacon, cheese, fried green tomatoes and red tomato.
- 6Melt butter in frying pan.
- 7Grill at medium-low temperature until cheese is melted (this makes the sandwich so delicious).
- 8Eat hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Tomato and Bacon Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1224.0
- Calories from Fat 758
- Total Fat 84.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 1705.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chili mayonnaise