Carol Bullock's Note:
I tried these after seeing the movie by the same name. They are delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, cayenne, and herbs.
- 2Dampen tomato slices with soymilk.
- 3Coat with flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil to medium in a heavy, nonstick frying pan.
- 5Fry tomatoes, turning once or twice, until golden brown.
- 6Remove tomatoes to serving platter.
- 7Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8To bits of browned flour in pan, add 1/2 cup milk.
- 9Cook and stir until a gravy is formed.
- 10Pour over tomatoes.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 139.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: