Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried these after seeing the movie by the same name. They are delicious.
Make and share this Fried Green Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, cayenne, and herbs.
- Dampen tomato slices with soymilk.
- Coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil to medium in a heavy, nonstick frying pan.
- Fry tomatoes, turning once or twice, until golden brown.
- Remove tomatoes to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To bits of browned flour in pan, add 1/2 cup milk.
- Cook and stir until a gravy is formed.
- Pour over tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
They have got a lovely hint of spice to them...Thank you Carol
Great recipe! I didn't have cayenne pepper, so I imagine they will be even better with it next time. Thanks for the recipe.