1/1 Photo of Fried Green Tomatoes
Linzi Jordan's Note:
I came up with this recipe on my own while trying to make the perfect fried green tomato...It's absolutely fantastic! Don't skip the step of drying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, cut your tomatoes at 1/8 inch and lay out to dry -- I lay down paper towel and then place tomatoes on a cooling rack and then layer more paper towels on top. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- 2While tomatoes are drying, mix together flour, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- 3Dip tomatoes slices into egg and milk mixture and then coat with flour and seasoning mixture.
- 4Place in a hot skillet with oil and fry for about 3 minutes on both sides or until browned.
- 5I usually place them back on the cooling rack so they don't get soggy when they are finished.
- 6Serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 38.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: