I came up with this recipe on my own while trying to make the perfect fried green tomato...It's absolutely fantastic! Don't skip the step of drying!
- First, cut your tomatoes at 1/8 inch and lay out to dry -- I lay down paper towel and then place tomatoes on a cooling rack and then layer more paper towels on top. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- While tomatoes are drying, mix together flour, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip tomatoes slices into egg and milk mixture and then coat with flour and seasoning mixture.
- Place in a hot skillet with oil and fry for about 3 minutes on both sides or until browned.
- I usually place them back on the cooling rack so they don't get soggy when they are finished.
- Serve immediately!