Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For years I tried making the perfect fried green tomatoes. My grandmothers were absolutely perfect, and she never wrote her recipe down, so I never knew what she did. Well, I made these one day and they tasted exactly like hers, and now these are my go-to fried green tomatoes! Delicious.
- Mix cornmeal, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together on a plate.
- Pour flour on a separate plate.
- Mix milk with eggs in a bowl.
- Dredge slices of tomato in flour, then egg mix, then breadcrumb mix.
- Fry in canola oil in a cast iron skillet on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with hot sauce.