Had this at a birthday party recently and, it was so delicious, I had to have the recipe. As the chef gave it to me, I quickly jotted it down on a pink paper napkin and have been guarding that napkin ever since. Thought I'd better post it online so it won't get misplaced. It is a bit different than the other Okra Salads posted here. As I haven't made it yet, prep and cook times are guesstimates and don't include cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry okra according to package direction. Cool to room temperature.
- 2When okra is room temperature, gently stir in green onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and bacon.
- 3In separate bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil and vinegar until well blended.
- 4Pour dressing over okra mixture and gently toss to coat.
- 5Chill to allow flavors to blend.
- 6I don't salt my recipes, but feel free to add salt, if needed to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Okra Salad
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 136.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen breaded okra