Had this at a birthday party recently and, it was so delicious, I had to have the recipe. As the chef gave it to me, I quickly jotted it down on a pink paper napkin and have been guarding that napkin ever since. Thought I'd better post it online so it won't get misplaced. It is a bit different than the other Okra Salads posted here. As I haven't made it yet, prep and cook times are guesstimates and don't include cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry okra according to package direction. Cool to room temperature.
- 2When okra is room temperature, gently stir in green onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and bacon.
- 3In separate bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil and vinegar until well blended.
- 4Pour dressing over okra mixture and gently toss to coat.
- 5Chill to allow flavors to blend.
- 6I don't salt my recipes, but feel free to add salt, if needed to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Okra Salad
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 136.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen breaded okra