Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
My buddy Mike from World's Best Pizza in Escondido passed this on to me. Gotta love that guy! Recipezaar wouldn't allow Red Silk beans as an ingredient so I listed as beans with the description & distributor information after that. You can probably find them online or in the ethnic foods. Or just stop by World's Best Pizza in Escondido. Mike sells them for $3.99 Well, of course I couldn't leave it alone, I had to make some changes while I cooked so here is the updated recipe!
- 16 ounces beans (red silk beans by Frijol San Francisco)
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- flour tortilla (homemade if ya got 'em)
- monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- Rinse beans & soak overnight.
- Add to crockpot in the morning, slowly pouring in bean water. Add ham hocks, onion, salt & pepper then enough water to cover.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Take a large spoonful of the beans (drained of course) & lay in a homemade flour tortilla, sprinkle some jack cheese & a dollop of sour cream, wrap & enjoy. These are so good you just can't get enough.