1/4 Photos of Good-'n'-Gooey Fresh Peach Cobbler
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is a real Texas peach cobbler with an abundance of juicy fruit and a sweet, biscuit-like batter topping that is crunchy on the surface and doughy inside. This recipe comes from Cheryl and Bill Jamison.
My Private Note
nine x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -14 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients.
- 3Set aside.
- 4The filling will be a bit juicier than most pies.
- 5Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in the oven.
- 6In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder, and then add the milk.
- 7Mix until lightly blended.
- 8Spoon the mixture evenly over the melted butter.
- 9DO NOT STIR.
- 10Pour the peach filling evenly over batter.
- 11Bake 45 minutes.
- 12Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good-'n'-Gooey Fresh Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 54.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g