This is a real Texas peach cobbler with an abundance of juicy fruit and a sweet, biscuit-like batter topping that is crunchy on the surface and doughy inside. This recipe comes from Cheryl and Bill Jamison.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together all the filling ingredients.
- Set aside.
- The filling will be a bit juicier than most pies.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish in the oven.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder, and then add the milk.
- Mix until lightly blended.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Pour the peach filling evenly over batter.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.