This cobbler is a very smooth and custard-like dessert that is DELICIOUS. Grandma always made this for us because it was very easy and economical. Serve piping hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is an unbelievably delicious dessert! You can also substitute almost any other fruit for the peaches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together 1/2 cup sugar with shortening, cream, and vanilla.
- 2Add flour, milk, baking powder and salt; mix well until smooth.
- 3Pour batter into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 4Place sliced or chopped peaches evenly over batter.
- 5Sprinkle top with 1 cup sugar (yes, a whole cup!).
- 6Mix peach juice with enough water to measure one cup and bring to a boil, then pour evenly over the top of the pan. (This will look wrong and very watery, but trust me!).
- 7Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Best in the World Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 56.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g