1/2 Photos of Grandpa Roy's Fresh Peach Cobbler
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
Grandpa Roy was a very wonderful man. So kind to us kids and so gentle with animals. This is one of his favorite desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour before measuring; spoon lightly into measuring cup and level without shaking or packing down.
- 2Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 3With a pastry blender cut in Crisco until uniform; mixture should be fairly coarse.
- 4Sprinkle with cold water, a little at a time; toss with a fork. Work dough into a firm ball with your hands.
- 5Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix sugar and cornstarch and gradually stir in water.
- 6Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add fruit and juices. Set aside.
- 7Press ½ of the dough into a flat oval with smooth edges and roll out ½ of pie crust dough between 2 sheets of wax paper that has been cut a little larger than the baking dish.
- 8Place in 9 X 13" baking dish and prick with a fork. Bake for about 8 to10 minutes.
- 9Do not brown. Pour fruit mixture over crust and spread evenly. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll remaining dough the same as above and carefully place over fruit. Cut slits in dough and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake until top crust is lightly browned and cobbler is bubbly ( about 20 min).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpa Roy's Fresh Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 115.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g