1/2 Photos of Jalapeno Cheese Grits
1 hr 15 mins
Lisa Young's Note:
My husband's favorite. We eat this with just about everything, in place of mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to rapid boil.
- 2Add grits, reduce heat, and cook until grits are thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- 3Stir in butter and Velveeta cheese until melted.
- 4Mix eggs, milk, and black pepper together, and then add to the grits mixture.
- 5Stir in the chopped jalapenos.
- 6Pour into casserole dish.
- 7Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until set in a 300 degree oven.
- 8Sprinkle Jack cheese on top, and return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g