I grew up in Texas where peach cobbler is a staple at any potluck party. I adapted this from another recipe to make it healthier. That way you can add some vanilla frozen yogurt!
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 -5 fresh peaches, skinned and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup instant plain oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, splenda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and milk. Mix well.
- Spray 9x9 pan and pour batter in to pan.
- Sprinkle peaches on top of batter.
- Combine topping and evenly sprinkle on top.
- Bake one hour until golden brown.
This was fantastic. I'm diabetic and this was just the recipe I was looking for. Thank you for sharing it with me.