Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Southern and delicious
Make and share this Lima Beans and Ham Hocks recipe from Food.com.
- Add beans to slow cooker.
- In a saute pan over med-high heat, add vegetable oil.
- Add in onion, celery, and carrots; saute for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Transfer mixture to the slow cooker and add in chicken stock and ham hock.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Remove the ham hock and strip it of as much fat as you can; return the meat to the pot and cook for 1 hour, until the beans are very tender.
- If needed, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.