1/7 Photos of Linda's Collard Greens With a Twist
1 hr 25 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I've been in the south for almost 4 years, after living all my life in the north. My gram used to make collard greens with salt pork, but down here in the south they use ham hocks, necks, and fatback, soooooooo I decided I was going to try the southern thing with a little twist of my own. They came out better then any I have EVER had, and I have had them quite a few times in restaurants around here. GREAT flavor, and just the right amount of everything makes this one dish you will be making more than once. Try em, you will be coming back for more for sure :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 lbs collard greens, cleaned, and big stems removed (2 big bunches)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 lbs smoked pork neck bones, about 6 good size pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut in half, then cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped (I used garlic in the jar)
- 2 cups knorr chicken broth (1/2 box)
- 15 pepperoncini peppers
- 6 ounces pepperoncini pepper juice, from jar
- 1Clean greens in cold water, and tear off lg. stems.
- 2Break up leaves into bite-size pieces, and put in a lg. roasting pan.
- 3Add the water, and bring to hard boil.
- 4Add the salt, neck bones, onions, garlic, chicken broth, peppers and juice. Boil on med-high for 1 hours When soft, drain well and serve.
- 6You can add vinegar if you like it.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Collard Greens With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3602.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork neck bones
pepperoncini pepper juice