1/2 Photos of Liquid Smoked Chicken Gizzard Bake or Boil
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This recipe is for gizzard lovers!I cooked a recipe which had liquid smoke for a whole chicken. I combined the liquid smoke with other ingredients to bake or boil the gizzards.They are ready to eat or to batter and deep fry. Either way they are tender and very flavorable. Photos are sliced meat. Another photo is noodles cooked in the broth and slivered meat in the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken gizzards, washed, rinsed, any fat removed
- 1/3 cup liquid smoke, plain or 1/3 cup liquid smoke, flavored
- 3 teaspoons sysco chicken base or 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 3 solid chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 1 dried red pepper (optional)
- 1Boil Method:.
- 2In a heavy 4 quart saucepan with lid, add chicken base or bouillon granules or cubes.
- 3Add water and bay leaf.
- 4Heat to a simmer. Dissolve the cubes or granules or base.
- 5Add garlic and red pepper if desired.
- 6Add the liquid smoke.
- 8Add the chicken/ turkey gizzards and stir and cover with lid.
- 9Turn down the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. Turn the gizzards in the liquid about 3 times.
- 10The liquid will reduce.
- 11Stick a fork in the meat and check to see if they are cooked. If the fork easily goes through the gizzard, it is tender and done.
- 12Bake Method:.
- 13Preheat oven 375*.
- 14Use a flat casserole dish or baking pan with lid or use tinfoil.
- 15Make the liquid in a saucepan as stated above. Heat until a boil. Take off heat.
- 16Put gizzards in the baking pan in single layer if possible. Pour the liquid over the gizzards. Cover with lid or foil.
- 17Bake 35 minutes. Stir the gizzards once during the baking time. Do not bake uncovered.
- 18If you are going to batter later and deep fry, drain and cool the gizzards.
- 19They will be fork tender and delicious for those who love to eat gizzards.
- 20If you are going to use the reduced broth add at least two cups of water,.
- 21bring to a boil and add wide egg noodles and cook until al dente.
- 22If I am going to use the broth for soup or noodles I reduce the liquid smoke to 1/8 cup. It is also great to cook sliced onions in the broth.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liquid Smoked Chicken Gizzard Bake or Boil
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: