A delectable twist on a great Southern favorite!! Be sure to prepare the grits first so they're hot and ready to garnish and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large leek
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- fresh basil leaf, 1 handful
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
- 2Melt 2 Tbs unsalted butter in skillet.
- 3Add 6 cloves minced garlic and saute until garlic is barely soft-do not burn.
- 4In a heavy saucepan heat 4 cups water and 1/2 cup heavy cream but do not boil.
- 5Slowly add 1 cup grits and 1/2 tsp salt, stirring constantly.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, stiring often for 15-20 minutes or until thick.
- 7Add 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese and sauteed garlic and stir until cheese melts.
- 8Season with salt, pepper, hot sauce.
- 9Crab Topping:.
- 10In a large saute pan, melt 1 stick unsalted butter over medium heat. Just as butter begins to sizzle, add 1 large leek cut in 1/4 inch slices.
- 11Add 1/2 cup coarsely copped green bell pepper and 1/2 cup coarsley chopped yellow bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Add 1 large peeled, chopped tomato and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 13Add 3/4 cup good white wine, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoons black pepper. Mix well and cover.
- 14When liquid is bubbling, gently add 1 Lb. crabmeat. Shake the pan rather than stirring to avoid breaking crab lumps. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until nixture is bubbling and crab is warm.
- 15Add 1 large handful of fresh basil leaves, cut into slices and 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- 16Cook for 1 minute and serve immediately over grits.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lump Crab Garlic Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.3
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Sodium 1357.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 32.9 g