Okra Anyone? This wonderful recipe comes from Southern Living.
Make and share this Okra Creole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings.
- Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
This is the first time I've had okra (yep, I'm a yankee) and this was delicious. A wonderful blend of flavors, and very simple to make. I'll definitely make this again.
I used fresh okra to make this and served it over Perfect Rice Everytime for a delicious vegetarian dinner. I did serve hot sauce on the side to kick it up a notch.