1/1 Photo of Okra Creole
Okra Anyone? This wonderful recipe comes from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings.
- 2Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- 3Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Top with crumbled bacon.
- 6Serve over rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra Creole
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 70.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g