I'm from the South so I could eat a whole tub of this! I put my favorite spices and turkey kielbasa in this twist on okra and tomatoes. Please try to use fire-roasted tomatoes, I think it really makes it taste good! They carry the Muir Glen brand of fire-roasted tomatoes at Whole Foods and Wal-Mart Supercenter. I really hope you like it!
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cut okra
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansfire-roasted tomatoes, undrained (I like Muir Glen brand)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- Defrost okra.
- In a large skillet, cook kielbasa and garlic in the butter on medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and okra to the skillet. Stir and continue to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes; stir in sugar, pepper, coriander, Lawry's, and allspice.
- Cook 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally then serve!
This is very good, I've made it twice so far and will be makin it again. Very good served with rice.
Boy is this good eatin'! Fast and easy too! I am glad I used a Texas skillet because it makes a lot!!! I love the seasoning on this, just like Grandma's!! I love those fire-roasted tomatoes. Thanks for this great recipe!!!