1/3 Photos of Okra Skillet
I'm from the South so I could eat a whole tub of this! I put my favorite spices and turkey kielbasa in this twist on okra and tomatoes. Please try to use fire-roasted tomatoes, I think it really makes it taste good! They carry the Muir Glen brand of fire-roasted tomatoes at Whole Foods and Wal-Mart Supercenter. I really hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cut okra
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained (I like Muir Glen brand)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1Defrost okra.
- 2In a large skillet, cook kielbasa and garlic in the butter on medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes and okra to the skillet. Stir and continue to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4After the 5 minutes; stir in sugar, pepper, coriander, Lawry's, and allspice.
- 5Cook 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally then serve!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 1218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt