fbailey Bailey's Note:
Serves 25-30 people or you for 3 weeks. Origin from Louisiana. Great to snack on with soda crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1It helps to use a food slicer to make thin slices (not Grated).
- 2Quarter the Bell Pepper and the Cabbage prior to slicing.
- 31/2 the onion prior to slicing.
- 4Slice the Celery standing on end across the slicer.
- 5Put ingredients in a large container and put the Celery seeds over the top of the vegetables.
- 6Put oil in a sauce pan with cider vinegar, salt, sugar.
- 7Bring just to a boil and then pour over veggies and stir.
- 8Store in Refridgerator. Gets better as it ages up to 3 weeks.
- 9Let stand 24 hours before serving.
- 10Will keep refrigerated 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ora Dean's Marinated Cabbage Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 481.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g