Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serves 25-30 people or you for 3 weeks. Origin from Louisiana. Great to snack on with soda crackers.
- It helps to use a food slicer to make thin slices (not Grated).
- Quarter the Bell Pepper and the Cabbage prior to slicing.
- 1/2 the onion prior to slicing.
- Slice the Celery standing on end across the slicer.
- Put ingredients in a large container and put the Celery seeds over the top of the vegetables.
- Put oil in a sauce pan with cider vinegar, salt, sugar.
- Bring just to a boil and then pour over veggies and stir.
- Store in Refridgerator. Gets better as it ages up to 3 weeks.
- Let stand 24 hours before serving.
- Will keep refrigerated 3 weeks.