1/1 Photo of Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes
Rick Young's Note:
A great way to use those extra tomatoes. Can also be done with ripe tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Cut tomatoes into 1/4" slices.
- 3In small bowl combine egg and milk.
- 4In another small bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- 5Dip tomato slices in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- 6Coat both sides of tomatoes with cornmeal mixture.
- 7Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- 8Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 9Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 124.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g