Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light, June 2006.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Okra recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Combine cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine buttermilk and egg in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add okra; toss to coat.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Dredge okra in cornmeal mixture.
- Place okra on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat okra with cooking spray.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring once.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.