1/2 Photos of Oven Fried Okra
Seasoned Cook's Note:
A Great Vegetable without all the frying! A recipe for when the summer garden is plentiful! A side dish which goes well with any meal. We enjoyed fried okra when growing up,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash okra and drain. Remove tips and stem ends. Cut okra crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Combine egg and buttermilk. Add okra, stirring to coat well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a zip-top plastic bag.
- 4Drain okra. With small portions at a time, using a slotted spoon, place okra in bag with cornmeal mixture, shaking gently to coat.
- 5Brush oil on a 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan; add okra in a single layer.
- 6Coat okra with cooking spray and bake in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes. Stir well and spray with cooking spray again; baking 8 additional minutes. After last baking, broil 4 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Okra
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g