A healthier version of an old southern favorite. This recipe is comes from Souther but Lite cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine corn meal, salt and pepper.
- Wash okra; drain.
- Trim ends and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Dredge in corn meal mixture to coat well.
- Okra should be moist in order for corn meal to adhere.
- If necessary, rinse okra again in water before dredging.
- Spread okra in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.