1/1 Photo of Oven Fried Okra
A healthier version of an old southern favorite. This recipe is comes from Souther but Lite cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine corn meal, salt and pepper.
- 4Wash okra; drain.
- 5Trim ends and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 6Dredge in corn meal mixture to coat well.
- 7Okra should be moist in order for corn meal to adhere.
- 8If necessary, rinse okra again in water before dredging.
- 9Spread okra in a single layer in prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Okra
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g