Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These were a big hit at my son's baptism brunch. Enjoy!
Make and share this Paula Deen's Garlic Cheese Grits recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grits (I used quick-cooking)
- 3 (6 ounce) garlic cheese rolls, cut up (I use Kraft cheese food)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Bring broth, salt and pepper to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in grits and whisk until completely combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until grits are thick.
- Add garlic cheese and milk. Stir.
- Gradually stir in eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 45 minutes or until set.