Okra is the green vegetable that gives gumbo it's rich flavor. This recipe for pickled okra is uncomplicated and produces a tasty accompaniment for meats and poultry. If you live over 1000 feet in elevation, add five minutes of processing time. From an old newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first six ingredients together in a large saucepan; bring to the boil and simmer for ten minutes.
- 2Cut stem ends off okra and place in sterilized 12 ounce jars.
- 3Add a garlic clove to each jar.
- 4Pour hot pickling solution over okra, leaving 1/2-inch head space (add additional vinegar if necessary).
- 5Adjust lids and process for ten minutes in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Okra
Serving Size: 1 (997 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3562.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g