I hate okra but would make these "pickles" for a friend of mine in N.C. She thought these were great! I would'nt know-LOL-
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a brine with vinegar, water and celery seeds.
- 2Boil in a stainless steel pot or enamel.
- 3Pack okra firmly in hot, boiled jars.
- 4In each jar add 4 onions, 1 clove garlic and 1 chili pepper if using.
- 5Pour boiling brine over veg leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 6Process for 15 min in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- 7Let stand for 2-3 weeks before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Okra
Serving Size: 1 (3833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g