Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Great Southern dish!
Make and share this Pig's Feet Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs pig's feet, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fat (or Crisco for health nuts) or 2 tablespoons lard (or Crisco for health nuts)
- 4 -6 cups warm water
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed
- 4 tablespoons browned flour
- Mix together salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Coat pig's feet with mixture.
- Melt fat in Dutch oven. Brown meat until dark brown (this is the secret to a successful stew.) When meat is well grilled, add warm water and onions. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours. Remove meat.
- Mix together grilled flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Pour into broth, stir until sauce thickens.
LOVE this recipe! Not much meat on pig's feet, but by end of cooking, those bits are super succulent. I used my fingers to squish meat from bones. This recipe grants multiple basic variations - by using broth, gravy, bones, and meat, all wonderfully flavorful and talk about cheap! I've new appreciation for pig's feet! A caveat: caution to not over-salt.