Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
very tasty! grandmom gave me the recipe.good comfort food, good with crusty bread.try it, you will like it.
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- chicken bouillon
- salt & pepper
- 1 package breakfast sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sour cream, more to taste
- stir fry cabbage, carrots, onions in water and bouillion till crunchy tender.
- add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- season to taste with the salt& pepper.
Made this for our dinner. Cut everyhing in half since it was just my DH and I. Very tasty! Next time I will add more than 1/2 of the sausage for half the recipe.
@ngdarlen, we had this for Saturday night supper and it was so nice and warm and sorta comforting-thank you! I cut it in half, used Bob Evans Special Seasonings Sausage, served it with crusty pumpernickle rolls and fried parsnips! Dh says you deserve 5*'s for sure!